Home Selling 101: What You Need To Know
Before you hire your listing agent to market and sell your property you need to know two things:
- Not all real estate agents make good listing agents
- Most listing agents are not prepared to properly market your property today
What your listing agent doesn't know about Internet marketing (or doesn't do) can hurt you! Buyers are using the Internet to search for property like yours. Because buyers have so many propertes to choose from they use the Internet to screen out properties as much as they use it to find the perfect property. This results in buyers not calling off newspaper ads, real estate magazines, or even yards signs like they have in the past. Today's home buyers are not calling agents or walking into their offices to get information about properties for sale. They are doing just like you most likely are, they are getting it for themselves from the Internet. They are performing their own searches on the Internet and if your property is mismarketed they may be rejecting it! Studies have shown that the typical Internet buyer physically views less properties. They are making decisions about your property without visiting it.
Here's what you need to know as a seller regarding Internet marketing:
- Internet marketing your property is more than placing a listing on Realtor.com
- Internet marketing done wrong can actually hurt your property sale.
- Your listing agent should already be reaching the Internet buyers and have a way to contact them
Unfortunately most real estate agents do not have a successful plan to market your property on the Internet. Their plan it to place a property on the MLS and various websites and hope it sells.
At MORE, We Excel At Internet Marketing.
No one in the St. Louis area does it better. Our real estate brokergae has been built on our ability to effectively use the power of Internet marketing to reach buyer and sellers in our market. And we are only getting better. We have trained emarketing experience on our team. As a potential seller with us you need to know we can reach thousands of potential buyers who are searching for a home right now. We are so sure of our marketing abilities that we guarantee our service.
It takes more skill to be a successful listing agent
A good listing agent today must wear many hats. That's why not all real estate agents make good listing agents. Most people think that a good salesperson makes a good listing agent. That's not always true. A good listing agent has to be much more than that. Here are some qualities you should look for in your listing agent.
- Your listing agent must be a researcher. Your listing agent must be knowledgeable on the local real estate market. They must be able to recognize changes in the market that can affect the sale of your property both positively and negatively.
- Your listing agent must be a marketing expert. Especially on the Internet! Your listing agent must know where to find the most likely buyers and how to reach them with information on your property.
- Your listing agent must be a manager. Your listing agent must manage your listing supplies, advertising schedules, previews and showings, and feedback.
- Your listing agent must be a communicator. Your listing agent must be good listener. He or she must able to communicate with agents, buyers, and you. You listing agent needs to be able to keep you informed on the progress of your listing and sale.
- Your listing agent must be an advisor. You listing agent must have the knowledge and experience combined with accurate information to give you direction and advice.
- Your listing agent must be a negotiator. Your listing agent must be skillful and experienced in negotiating and they must represent your best interests.
- Your listing agent must be a coordinator. You agent must be able to coordinate all the parties and timetables involved in your property escrow so theat you can achieve a successul closing.
Without the support of a team, most listing agents aren't able to do accomplish all these tasks by themsleves. That is why it is critical that your listing agent have team support.
At MORE, our listing agents have team support through the "MORE SELLING SYSTEM ".
The MORE SELLING SYSTEM is based around the following
- Training, Professionalism & Teamwork- We believe in regular training for our sales associates. We believe in professionalism and stress this. We believe in teamwork because we know we can accomplish more working together. When you list with us, you get a trained professional team focused on selling your property.
- Proactive Marketing - Our marketing is looking for buyers for your property right now. We maintain a database of buyers who are looking for property in the next 12 months. When you call us there is a good chance we know of a buyer looking for a property like yours. We are skillful marketers, especially on the Internet.
- Protection & Assurance - We offer you a number of assurances including your ability to cancel our agreement if you are not 100% satisfied with our service.
- Providing Value - We charge fair commissions based on the requirements of each sale. We don't charge transacrtion fees. We do offer incentives to help you save more.
The MORE Seller's Advantage - When you list with us, you get MORE! The two-minute video below shows one of the ways we market your listing that NO OTHER Company can do!